English Spanish Portuguese French Fula Italian Catalan
Hi there 👋
I’m the founder and CEO of DevResults, a small, distributed, bootstrapped company that makes monitoring and evaluation software used by international aid projects.
Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about how to solve some of my fundamental frustrations with the way software works.
I believe that my software should:
- 🛠️ let me change it to fit my needs
- 🛫 let me work offline
- 📦 give me control over my stuff
- 🔌 integrate with other software
I’ve put a lot of my energy lately into the repos at @local-first-web, which address points 2 and 3 on that list:
- @localfirst/state is an automatically replicated Redux store that gives your app offline capabilities and secure peer-to-peer synchronization superpowers.
- @localfirst/auth provides decentralized authentication and authorization for team collaboration, using a secure chain of cryptographic signatures.
- @localfirst/relay is a tiny service that helps local-first applications connect with peers on other devices. It can run in the cloud or on any device with a known address.
I was born in the US, grew up in Panama and Ecuador, and taught math in Gabon and Guinea as a Peace Corps volunteer.
I’ve lived in Barcelona since 2016.